Florida is a whole lot warmer than the rest of the country, but it sure is soggy. I spent most of the weekend under a desk lamp sewing feathers on my new bird project. Then I ran out of the right color of fabric for my feathers, so yesterday I dyed some more fabric. I had forgotten what a strenuous process it is- about halfway through yesterday I was already sick of it. Tonight I am washing all the dye out. Here are some of the new fabrics:
The bottom two are twist-dyed. Most of them I was trying to make striped for the primary and secondary feathers in the wings. They were accordion folded and dyed. There are also a couple that were shibori dyed that are still in the rinse cycle. Here is a close up of one of the patterns:
Here is the bird in process- the parts I have put together are laying on the giant photo I blew up and am using as a pattern. Hopefully I will have enough choices now to get another couple of layers of feathers put together.