Sunday, April 21, 2013

The REALLY late gift....

Once upon a time, my best friend B got married.... at the time we were poor and broke and it was all I could do to afford to stand up in the wedding.  I had always intended to give them a quilt (and even started one a couple of different times) but something always came up and interfered in the process.  B & G have been married almost 20 years and have always lived near the sea.  They love being on the beach.  So the fabrics and colors I finally came up with seem to fit perfectly.... Got the top done a bit ago and sent it off to Mom.  She sent it back to me and I have spent the last week sewing the binding on.  I think it is about 4 miles long. Can't show you the whole quilt (somebody may be watching!) but here is a peek of the edge and the pattern Mom picked out to sew on there.  Does this remind you of the tropical sea?

Now to make the label....


5 comments:

  1. That is great quilting, love the swirls! Can't wait to see the whole quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! The fabric is gorgeous and you mum has quilted it beautifully. Well worth the wait I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love that striated fabric. Can't wait to see the whole thing!

    Liri

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilting is amazing! Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Your Mum has done some wonderful work there!

    ReplyDelete