Thursday, September 5, 2013

Getting things done

I had this great idea that I was going to get three of my almost finished quilts bound and labelled before I went on vacation. The last couple of weeks have just flown by and I only managed to get the first one completed. (Of course, the second one is 120" square and has about 4 miles of edge to bind.)   This is ok, though, as the Blazing Star was the most important to get finished and mailed off to someone in need of a little comfort. She should have received it yesterday, so I can go ahead and post the final pictures. The quilting turned out beautifully-







4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. Stunning. Breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theri, it is beautiful! The piecing is wonderful and the quilting is just amazing! What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly the quilting is beautiful, but your piecing and choice of colors and the way you arranged them is every bit as beautiful! I also loved that pieced narrow inner border. It's a perfect frame! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did your mom quilt that? Whoever did, it's AMAZING! The quilt alone is awesome, but the quilting is just the icing it needed. What a lucky friend. And I'm fairly certain that a 120" square quilt has at least 400 miles of binding. I think your decimal point was a little off... :)

    ReplyDelete