Sunday, January 12, 2014

A little extra project...

So as if I didn't have enough of my own projects, last year my favorite little quilt shop decided to give out a bag of nickel scraps every month for a contest in February.  Yesterday I realized the deadline is coming right up and interrupted my Blue Streak quilt to sew some of the nickels together. I used Marti Mitchell's hexagon template and spent some time chaining them together this morning-



The sad part is, you had to spend a certain dollar amount to get your baggie every month. So what does it say that I had eight of the little beggars? 

Probably that I am spending way too much time and money at my favorite quilt shop!


8 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! ! ! What won't quilt shops do to entice us to visit and spend money? Looks like it was worth it, those are cute fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there; have done something similar; it was a hard lesson, but I think I've learned it well! At least you have something pretty to show for it! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not according to Love's latest post you're not. Love all the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all for a good cause! Think up any cause you like…the economy…you don't need to cook it…see Love's post for the list. I think the top reason is that it's cheaper than psychiatric care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WellI love the hexies and what you are doing with them. It takes very little to entice us to the quilt shop..right? I agree with Ruth, great therapy. Happy stitching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute idea. Now what else did you buy? Get started sewing and blogging so we can see it all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Great therapy to work on UFO's and buy new stuff! Life is good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heya, wanting around various composing a blog, would seem an attractive enjoyable software you will be now utilising. I'm at the moment using Wetpaint for a few involving your web websites and yet aiming to adjust one too up to some kind of base just like yours as a trial offer function. Anything at all for example you would probably strongly suggest concerning this?
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete