Monday, January 6, 2014

Scrap the Resolutions!

Haven't been out here in a while- spent most of the last year getting experimented on by doctors and finally had my gall bladder out in November. So in retrospect, not a lot of quilting or artwork got done last year.  Bummer! But the plan was to be healthy and get a lot more done in 2014.

I managed to bust that resolution as soon as the year started- I spent the first 30 hours of the new year with ripping pains in my gut and thinking I was going to have to crawl off to the emergency room.  Apparently one glass of champagne is beyond me now... Or maybe I managed to eat something that completely disagreed with me.  Managed to live through it though and am now working on the second part of getting a lot more done this year.

So here is the latest quilt, pulled out of the UFO list-


This started out as the Blue Streak quilt from Fons & Porter's December 2006 magazine. (Yes, I am a little behind on my UFO list!) As usual, I have changed things a bit and have moved the blocks around in a circular pattern. 

Maybe I can get this done by the time mom finishes quilting the current one!



6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, I'm sorry to hear you had not been feeling well. I hope you are back on the path to good health! I like the layout of your next project and the colors, too. Hope to see more progress soon. Feel great and enjoy some stitching time! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Theri, you will need to watch what you eat. My father has his gall bladder removed a few years ago. Every now and then something he eats gives him trouble. I certainly hope it's not the champagne! That's a terrific layout for your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear you had health issues. Hopefully you're on the right track there now and can spend more time with the more fun stuff. I like what you've done with this quilt so far.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt you know I love those fabrics, as well as the pattern! It's going to be a beauty! Hope you are on the mend, and that 2014 will be a better year --- for all of us! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should consider the champagne(?) incident a lingering effect of 2013 and get started on that resolution to be healthy in 2014 now that it's over. I do hope you're feeling better and can get a lot of creative things accomplished this year. This quilt looks like you're off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are off to a good start in 2014. Pretty quilt on the wall. I do hope that this year brings you good health. It is no fun to be sick.

    ReplyDelete