Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pastel Exhibition


Last night was the opening of the FCPS Member Exhibit. What a wonderful show! It was fantastic to see how much everyone has improved over the course of the year. There were so many fabulous paintings and I would have been happy to bring about half a dozen home with me. I had two pastels entered, and I won my first award for a pastel painting!

I received a merit award for Bliss, which is a painting of my brother from when we were little. Also included was a gift certificate for Dakota pastels. (Which is wonderful as they have been sending me emails for the last couple of weeks about all the sales the have been having.)
 

My other entry is a picture that I did from one of the photos I took in France.


And since I apparently don't have enough hobbies, I decided that I needed to add fruit and vegetable carving to my list of skills.  I may have received as many compliments on my fruit plate as on my paintings.

And no, it wasn't too beautiful to eat.  They devoured it!



4 comments:

  1. You are so talented. I like seeing that ribbon, congrats. I totally would have eaten that fruit too....even though it looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your awards. You deserve to be recognised for your talents and the passion you have for creating beautiful things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creativity must flow through your veins on a daily basis! Both of you pastels are lovely! And the fruit tray is too; that would tempt anyone to grab a bite! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You deserve the recognition. You are very talented. Love the fruit ;)
    Karen G.

    ReplyDelete