Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tropical Bird

Okay, I absolutely HAVE to get better about posting. And getting some more time to work on art.

The good news is that I may have a new house soon with a sweet little ( okay, maybe bigger than LITTLE) studio space. I certainly don't need a dining or living room, so I expect it will be big enough for all my sewing setup. So I am trying to close on a house and pack up all my stuff and get my current project done before the deadline for the St Augustine Art Assoc Nature and Wildlife Show.... And the First Coast Pastel Society has an exhibit opening on Friday that I have two paintings entered.
It's not like I've got a lot on my plate, right?

Here's the start... This is #45 at the Atlanta Zoo.


7 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations on the new house, hope all goes as planned and you are all set up with lots of space for all your projects. The flamingo is looking beautiful, you do such a wonderful job with your birds! Don't feel bad about not posting often. It has been a month since I posted anything, I have lots to show off, just have to make myself sit down and write it up! It is more fun stitching and creating than writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have some busy days ahead! Looks like you have a good start on the bird. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the house and new sewing studio!! Love the flamingo - you do fabulous work. Keep us posted on the move.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops, forgot to sign. Been dealing with sick parents all week........
    Karen G.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Good luck with the house. And please do post more often - I love to see what you're working on. It's always inspiring and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is fantastic looking!!! Hope all goes well with getting your new house and moving. That is a whole lot on your plate. I know you can do it. Try and post more, I miss seeing all your amazing work. (I miss hearing from you Mom too, how is she?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Changing homes certainly absorbs a lot of time and energy and yet here you are creating another amazing bird quilt. So intricate and wonderfully contrasting.

    ReplyDelete