Saturday, November 14, 2015

OMG What have I done?

This is turning into a serious nightmare!

Okay, so the purple fabric I picked out shopping with my buddy Beth is perfect. It sets off the quilt beautifully. I got down to one row of blocks left to make and I couldn't stand it any more. I just had to start putting the thing together...

I knew that the way I assembled these blocks was probably going to cause me issues, but this is ridiculous.  When each block was finished, the white hemispheres were touching for the last inch or so at each corner. After sewing the blocks together, the seams separated so that the red show thru all the way to the corner. And NONE of them are consistent in how they pulled apart.  Also, the points on the scallops of the border seem to have shifted in the same manner.  So this morning I spent ripping the thing apart and trying to adjust all of the blocks so they line up better. I had already decided that I love the way this looks so much that I was going to have to make another one of these for me. If I can't find some better way to assemble it, I may have to rethink that decision....

Here is the quilt still on the wall before all the trouble started...


4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry this is giving you grief because it is gorgeous, and you really need a second one for yourself. By the time you have this one done you'll have all the kinks worked out for the second one, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is still as lovely as before. It's absolutely incredible! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck get this figured out! I think it is gorgeous and hope you find the answer to your issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one amazing quilt, sorry it is giving you trouble. The colors and fabrics work wonderfully with the beautiful purple fabric. I hope it works out well in the end and you get to make one for yourself, it really is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete