Friday, December 25, 2015

And MORE Practice!

Merry Christmas!

I am killing time EARLY this morning before the festivities begin. I thought I would mention to any of the gals that have quilted my quilts for me that I have a MUCH greater appreciation for your skill set at this point. Spent the last couple of days doing ruler work on my little lap quilt, and finally got to the fun (and fast!) part. Half of the blocks have the background pattern in them now. The sun came out yesterday, so hopefully you can see the quilting in these shots.  Not sure what I am going to do inside the stars yet, but I would guess there will be some kind of echo quilting in there. Curiously, sometimes the background pattern is inside the lines of the stars and sometimes it is not. The back shot shows one of the blocks where it is NOT contained in the proper space. Fudging my starting points down seems to shift the pattern to the left, which makes no sense at all to me. Guess I will put the rest of my start points in the "correct" position and just live with it...








4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Your quilting is looking great! It is fun to work on a long arm - I did it once. The main thing I didn't like was having to stand up while quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, for one, think your quilting looks wonderful! Wish I could ever be half that good. Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas Day! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Theri! I can imagine that long arm quilting is a skill that is tricker than it might seem. I always marvel at the work my long armers do as there is always a bespoke quilt on one of the machines when I visit them. I think you are well on your way to quilting just like them. Your attention to detail in your work will assure that. Thanks for sharing the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting looks great! If you don't tell anyone, we won't know the troubles you had - and if we see an anomoly, we'll just assume it was meant to be there... And you are BRAVE to show us the back with contrasting thread, but it looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete