Friday, January 15, 2016

Wonky Stars

Put the binding on today using McCall's Quilting about a bias binding. I liked this method, it was a little tricky but worked pretty good.  So all that is left is making the label. I took the quilt off the kitchen table so we could eat dinner-


And mom's little dog took it right over! Notice he has bypassed the comfortable-looking dog bed and the rocking chair where he normally sleeps...


Here is the quilt, finished but not bound. Clearly the little dormouse got to it before I took another photo.  Looks like I wait for another sunny day...  Wasn't too thrilled with the top when it was finished, but this is definitely a case where the quilting makes the quilt! I will be pretty happy to cuddle up with it now.


And a detail picture of the back.





6 comments:

  1. Theri, your quilting is absolutely beautiful! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. The quilting really kicked it up a notch. I make most of my binding with the bias tube method, but I skip the part where you have to draw lines all around your tube and cut with scissors. I use my rotary cutter and ruler. I wrote a tutorial here: http://www.canuckquilter.com/2013/11/bias-tube-method-for-making-binding.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks gorgeous! The quilting really makes it beautiful! It is a very cuddle worthy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Cookies and Cream colours and fantastic quilting. It's a lovely quilt and puppy has given it the quality assurance pass. Please give my regards to your dear mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute pooch! And of course he had to "test" the quilt out - and it looks like he gave it the stamp of approval.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dog approved. Pets always know the best place to sleep is on our quilts - we have multiples on our couch for just that situation! But I have to agree with the dog - it's a great quilt. The quilting makes it better, of course, but the quilt itself is beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete