Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Getting Ready for Quiltfest!

So far, every year that I have lived in Florida I have missed the cutoff to submit quilts to the quilt show. This year, I actually managed to complete the paperwork on time! So I will have three quilts at Quiltfest 2018.
The first is a mini artisan appliqué quilt that I just finished. I made this after watching “Finding Dory”. I just love Hank the octopus in that animation film.


The second quilt will be the first quilt that I quilted by myself on the long arm machine. It is a kit that I purchased from The Hen House at one of the Dallas quilt shows many years ago.


The third quilt is my mom’s copy of Sue Daurio’s Lorisquarepants quilt. This is the first time that I digitized the quilt patterns for the long arm machine. I love this quilt!


Quiltfest is at the Jacksonville Convention Center: 
September 20 -22, 2018
Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center
1000 Water Street
Jacksonville, Florida
Thursday, Friday and Saturday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm


3 comments:

  1. All three quilts are wonderful! I love the octopus, it is so fun! The fabrics in the browns and creams is so pretty, I like it, too. The quilting on the last one is amazing, just beautiful! Best of luck with the show, let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you again! As usual, all three of your quilts are beautiful, and your quilting on the last one is incredible! I won't be surprised if you win a ribbon on it, and maybe the others too. ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to see you're still quilting...and back to blogging! I love all three quilts, but am wondering about the second...waaaaay up here in Michigan, just up the road from me, is a quilt shop called The Hen House and, until very recently, she specialized in reproduction and homespun type fabrics, which is what that quilt looks very much like. Now I'm wondering if somehow the owner went all the way to Texasto vend, or if it's just a strange coincidence? Regardless, I love all three quilts and wish you luck on your entries into the show!

    ReplyDelete