Monday, October 30, 2017

Cleaning the Quilt Room

Having been out of town and then sick for a week, my house is desperately in need of cleaning.  I started off OK- doing general cleanup, loading the dishwasher and the like but soon meandered off the path and started cleaning the sewing room.  (My justification being that tomorrow for Halloween the front door will be open and everybody will be able to see in there...). Soon I started opening drawers and peering into boxes, which is always a big mistake.  I have so many UFOs that I can’t even begin to count them.  It is fortunate (or maybe not) that there is an IKEA opening in Jacksonville next month- I have already planned on adding a couple of bookcases for more storage.  When the longarm arrived last year, the Pod was filled with boxes of attachements and supplies and I have still not managed to integrate it all into my sewing space.  

Maybe I can eventually get all of it into one room.  

Anyway, one of the things I discovered was a “miscellaneous” box.  Apparently I have been saving all sorts of test and blocks that I have accumulated from different places.  I thought I would paste them up on the wall to see if I had any ideas about using them come to mind.


3 comments:

  1. Cleaning the sewing space is always an adventure! You never know what will turn up. More storage space will be wonderful. You have some very pretty miscellaneous blocks, have fun playing with ideas for them. The two baskets with flowers are really nice! I'll be watching to see what happens with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you are getting a few things out of boxes so you can see them! I just keep buying more plastic tubs and stuffing more "stuff" in them! I really do need to clean the sewing closet and sort the tubs under the bed! That applique block is beautiful! Hope you are feeling better! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once you start on the sewing room there's no going back. I've seen a few quilts lately that are made from orphan blocks.

    ReplyDelete