Sunday, October 1, 2017

Soggy Sunday

Woke up this morning and it was raining heavily- my perfect kind of Sunday.  Given a choice, I would have rolled over and gone back to sleep but the puppy had other ideas... He was bright-eyed and bushy tailed at 6:00 am.  Sunday is usually our beach day and then we work on the weeds in the garden, but clearly neither of those things are going to work out today.  So off to the quilt room we go...

 My quilt guild has the usual "get your UFOs done" going on right now.  I started to make a current list of all the quilts I have in process but every time I opened a drawer, I found another project.  (And by the way, what is the technical definition of a UFO?  Does that mean only the projects I have started, or the projects that I have purchased all the fabric for?  What about patterns that I intend to make- do those count?!)  I started making a list but then forgot what I was calling some of the quilts and they ended up on the list twice.  Then I started taking pictures (you can see on the corkboard) but that seemed to be a lot of extra work.  Anyway, I started a new policy- open a drawer and pick up the first unfinished project you find.  Get that one done! 

This started out as as Blue Streak from Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting (Nov/Dec 2006).  (Yes, this is a quilt from 11 years ago.  Does that tell you how far behind I am?) At some point along the line I apparently decided to change all the blocks around.  The top is finally together so I think I will be doing some longarm planning today!





5 comments:

  1. I really like the setting you are using! So pretty! Love your sewing space, too, so many nice windows and lots of room! Enjoy your rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure you need to have started a project for it to qualify as a UFO - at least by my rules! If I had to count all the ones I've bought fabric for or patterns I've marked in books and magazines I'd be in real strife. This is a striking quilt and I'm looking forward to seeing how quilt it. A great start to whittling down the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be another beautiful quilt! Your sewing room is fantastic! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pattern and colors! It looks like it is on your wall and on the longer at the same time! Or are my eyes playing tricks on me? It looks like a perfect room for sewing and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the bottom row is laid out on the back of the long arm...

      Delete