Saturday, September 30, 2017

Hexagon Quilt


My mom is so funny.  When they packed up the longarm and sent it to me last year, Mom sent everything she could think of- including the kitchen sink.  I will have spare parts for years...

Also sent along to me was a pile of quilt tops (both hers and mine that I had sent to her for quilting). 

After finishing the previously posted wholecloth quilt, I decided to start work on the pile.  I picked out one of hers to start.  So I called to talk to her about what she might want quilted on there and she didn't even remember this quilt!  I guess she got one of those fancy rulers and put this together to play with the new tool....  So I quilted what I wanted on this one.

I really like how it turned out, but I guess I need to send it back to her...









6 comments:

  1. A nice surprise for both of you! The quilting looks terrific. It's a really nice quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotten the hang of this longarming thing :) Maybe your mom might forget about this one all over again?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet she will remember and want it when she sees your pretty quilting on "her" quilt! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty quilt and your quilting makes it even better. I'm sure your mom will be pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so pretty, your quilting is amazing! I'm sure your Mom will be proud of the way you finished it. How is she doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad to say, but the latest CT scan has just shown another spot on her lung. We are pending test results, but I am presuming the cancer is back. Headed home this week to help out and find out what is going on...

      Delete