I have a new laptop and I am hoping that it will be easier to keep up with writing this blog. I just can't seem to manage adding the pictures using the iPad. The new puppy has finally managed to settle down enough so that I can start sewing again, so hopefully I will have some things to post on a regular basis.
After a bout with health issues, I managed to talk mom into selling me her longarm sewing machine. It got all packed up and arrived here last September. After some practice, I decided that I was going to make a wholecloth quilt for one of my friends that took care of my house while I was up north taking care of my mom. I started working on it in December and just finished it recently. The top is made of polished cotton, which looks great finished but is not the easiest thing to work with. Particularly for a first project...
So here are some shots of the finished quilt:
And the label: